• WPF Application with C# / SQL Server Database

ShikhaTan Member

I need to build WPF Application (WPF 4 or WPF 4.5) that should be similar to the online store. the design must be very very simple. The program should be linked to the database. The program should let users to add, delete and update Products.

Program must contain:

1. Authorization functionality( authorization must check if user exist in database).
    2. Order basket.
    3. I don’t need registration (will add user manually in database).
    4. database (must use SQL server).
    5. categories (categories must be something like this or better. i think i will use separated dockpanels for that).
    6. products must be displayed like in picture

Note that this program I need for my university Project:

1) The program should be accessed only by a member(log in), visitor(not loged in) and by Administrator.(registration not required will add users (with their Privileges in database manually)
    2) only the administrator can add, delete and update products in Program.
    3) members must be able to add (In basket), remove or purchase products.
    4) Guest must only view products.
    5) When a member orders products the Program must generate the Purchase document in PDF(Or something similar).
    6) connection to the server is not required.
    7) products should be divided into categories (eg, processor, motherboard, RAM, etc ..).categories will be divided into Dockpanel’s (i.e..Dockpanel1 will be CPU category Dockpanel 2 will be RAM category) if you have better suggestion or way to place categories in Program please let me know.
    8) members must be able to delete the orders or update quantity of products in basket.

• Amit Member

You can’t rely on a tutorial for everything. If you don’t know where to start, you may not be ready for this project. Following tutorials is not programming but is copying and pasting and will teach you very little if nothing. Divide the problem in smaller tasks:

Database:
    function used by database
    how data should be inserted
    etc. etc.

Order basket:
    add_item
    remove_item
    buy_item

Having to add users manually is a very bad practice. In every programming job this part is automatic or require only a button press. If you want to learn programming and be a good programmer, you must do the job in the proper way.

After you created a blueprint of the software you can start structuring the program and deciding which library to use and the code will come by itself at this point. We are not good at solving a huge problem at once but we are really good at solving a lot of smaller problems and this is the core concept of programming.

You can create category by adding a tag to items and then displaying only the items which have that tag if you have a little number of entries or you can directly implement the categories in the database.

• ShikhaTan Member
    https://github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.