• ODBC 3151 Errors and fail to connect to my SQL 6.5 database

ShikhaTan Member

ODBC 3151 Errors and fail to connect to my SQL 6.5 database

• Adan Member

Is there an error message text returned by ODBC driver? Sorry, but I can’t find error code 3151.
    Anyway check that your client is using the network protocol you are supporting on the server (Named Pipes, Multi-protocol, IPX/SPX, TCP/IP). Which connection are you using – trusted, standard security or mixed. Your client must use one supported by your server. It is configurable with ODBC driver.

• Abhey Member

3151 is not an ODBC error message/number I believe you are using MS Visual Basic for your client application. If you are, that number is a connectivity issue with the data source you are connecting to. If the data source is an Access DB then make sure the users have rights to the area where the MDB is connected to.

• Ganesh Member

I have experienced the ‘17832’ error many times while using Named Pipes. SQL Server has only one default pipe that it listens on for client requests. Requests get queued and often times the connection times out, resulting in the ‘17832’ error. I have increased the number of pipes available to SQL, thus balancing the load and reducing the chance for timeout errors. Also, you might try connecting via TCP and/or increasing the Application logon timeout value. See MS Knowledge Base Article # Q165189 for details.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
en_USEnglish