• MySQLI and php problem in inserting unique info retrieved to database

Maxim6m0cj Member

Hi I’m trying to insert unique info retrieved to my database but seems like I’m doing something wrong with my quary my current setup is as follow:

mxit.php

and i’ve included the above file on my index.php

but after I’ve opened up my index page I get an error

Warning: mysqli_query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/vol1_1/mzzhost.com/mzzho_15247412/htdocs/try/mxit.php on line 44

Warning: mysqli_close(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/vol1_1/mzzhost.com/mzzho_15247412/htdocs/try/mxit.php on line 45

And another question is how can I check the field contact in my databases and if the name already exists not to add the record to my database? Since I don’t want duplicate records…

• Abhey Member

Right after opening the connection to the db, you close it at line: 11
    So you can’t use it anymore. Remove the line 11:

mysqli_close($con);

• BuckRenard Member

ok the error message is gone but no records were added to my database…

• Abhey Member

There is probably an error with your query.
    I guess it is because you don’t quote the text values you supply to the query.
    For example, the insert should be something like:

mysqli_query($con,"INSERT INTO mxit (ip,time,user_agent,contact,userid,id,login,nick,location,profile) VALUES ('".$ip."','".$post_time."','".$mxitua."','".$mxitcont."','".$mxituid."','".$mxitid."','".$mxitlogin."','".$mxitnick."','".$mxitloc."','".$mxitprof."')");

• BuckRenard Member

In PHP it is advantageous to use single quotes (‘) over double quotes (“) as you can insert variables within single quotes per se

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
en_USEnglish