• How to create Simple CMS in PHP/Mysql ?

WinMan Member

I want to learn PHP and MySQL but I also seen that many programmers talk about Ruby and Laravel. So my question is what is best language to learn and use for creating simple CMS (user management 4 levels, forms for those users with different level of access and for simple statistic from those fields from form – mysql)?

• Gallard Member

what is your current experience ? any experience in html and sql ? maybe javascript ? ajax and json calls ?

thing is : there is nothing as a “simple” CMS , you will need to include password reset options, user preferences , user management, access management etc. If you are just now wanting to learn php & sql , then you might have quite a long road ahead of you,

Ruby is a language in it’s own and laravel is a framework …

• WinMan Member

I have experience with HTML, CSS and Javascript. Ajax and JSon no. I have elementary knowledge of PHP and mySQL. Whole thing is I am ready for a long road but also I want to be sure that I am going in good direction *if that is possible.

• Adelaid Member

Best thing to start with, would be to read tutorials and get quite familiar with programming techniques.
    Get yourself aquianted with MVC (Model –> View –> Controller), check php.net for available functions. Out of experience, start with a paper drawing or flipchart first that has all the elements you want need to have, think about the database layout, tables, field, etc.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
en_USEnglish