• ER Diagram from Oracle DB

CatheriBurbank Member

I’ve a Oracle DB for which I wanna create ER diagram. Do you recommend any tool for reverse engineering DB to create ER Diagram.

• Adelaid Member

Visio can create ER diagrams from ‘reverse engineering’ tables in an Oracle database. I think TOAD can do it too.

• Adan Member

I have two data sources, and I want to create my own database which pulls data from both sources. Both data sources, get updated every day, so I must keep my own database up to date as well. How should I go about updating my own database? I was thinking of doing nightly updates. How do I go about this?

• SapnaVishwas Member

What are the two other data sources? Flat files, db tables, …

Write a pl/sql procedure that takes care of the import of new data and schedule that procedure with dbms_scheduler.

• Abhey Member

You are trying to create a data warehouse, which will be your database. The first thing you need to do is create a copy of the source database table is your new database, and appropriate database links. Then Oracle Warehouse Builder will easily help you to create the PL/SQL packages to import the data from the 2 source databases into your database. There are two types of data extracts, full extracts (truncates and reloads all of the tables data), and change extracts (only uploads changed data to data warehouse table, usually based on a ‘updated date’ field in the source table)

These packages can then be scheduled to run when required.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
en_USEnglish