• Computer Science Projects

Fierro Member

I’m a Computer Science student. I’ve got a mini project to do this semester and a Major project in the next semester.

I was hoping if you people helped me download a great project. I already searched on Google but I didn’t find any projects really interesting.

I would like you guys to suggest me with a really good and interesting Mini and Major projects, preferably on Games And also provide the links to download the source and other material.

• Amit Member

I’m not sure what languages you’re studying but as a minor project, how about a fake stock market website which pulls live info via Yahoo to allow you to buy and sell stocks using fake money, and tells you what you would have made if it had been real money.

I did this project, and it was fun. cs50 dot net gave me the code to start from.

Languages used:

HTML
    PHP
    MYSQL

• GloriaFine Member

I think that the game/project doesn’t need to be too interesting,
    you might be able to enhance your functions inside the game.
    For example, a normal Snake/Tetris game but with impressive function such as:
    Online Highscore, Multiplayer, Skin Editor, Level Builder…

But if you need a very interesting project,
    then I think of making a game that use normal “Controls” like Button, Scrollbar, Radio Button, Checkbox etc…
    For example the game Pong,
    you can use Radio Button as Ball and Scrollbar as Paddle.
    It will looks interesting and it wouldn’t be hard to code as no graphics jobs need to be done.

Just a suggestion on how to select a project you want,
    those game I listed here might not be interesting enough.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.