Knowledge Evaluator is a software development project in Java. It can be used by colleges and universities to conduct exams or tests of computer science and computer engineering students in different software/programming languages. The main aim of this software is to calculate grades achieved by the students in a short period of time and also save time and paper work of the faculty in conducting tests.
In this post, I have briefly compared the existing system with the proposed knowledge evaluator software system. How the software works and system specifications have been introduced in brief. Their detailed description can be found in the project report. You can download the complete Java source code, project report and documentation from the download links in this post.
Download Knowledge Evaluator Software Java Project with Source Code and project report
Download Knowledge Evaluator Software Java Project with Source Code and Project Report
About Knowledge Evaluator Software:
“Knowledge Evaluator” works with a predefined patterns and techniques so as to provide perfect evaluation of knowledge of the registered users. User registers himself/herself to Knowledge Evaluator System, and gets a unique id onto which they use their respective account for giving test and evaluating themselves. Experts register and upload questions and answers for the test.
Here are some of the limitations of the existing knowledge evaluation system:
- Inefficient in maintaining documents (evaluation sheets).
- Time consuming in searching & preparing documents like combined evaluated report.
- Redundancy of data.
- Security problems of data and documents like registration data, test data, and result data.
- Calculations are difficult and time-consuming.
- Reports are generated manually.
Listed below are the scopes of this software:
- Registration and log in.
- Maintaining registration data.
- Generation and maintenance of test.
- Generation of result or evaluation sheets.
- Providing search options.
- Storing the evaluated data.
The proposed knowledge evaluator software project aims at providing security, storing records of each and every test and handling more user. It provides easy search of user and their evaluated marks. Further, it is time saving in scheduling test, and proves to be very economical overall.
How knowledge evaluator software works:
There are three users in this software: administrator, student and faculty. All three users are provided with registration forms; the registration will give them access to the system unique username and password for each user. Faculty prepares questions to conduct tests and the questions are updated to the database by the administrator.
Students will have option to select the computer test language of their choice from the select field screen. The languages include C++, VB.NET, Java, C#, etc. After that, students face random questions with four options for each questions; the answers are selected by entering the right answer by submit button. After the test, grades received by each student are automatically generated.
Software Development Environment:
The software system is implemented in Client-Server environment and the data is maintained by dedicated knowledge server. Each request from clients are processed according to access rights.
Hardware/Software Requirements on Server Side:
- Operating System: Windows ME, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000NT.
- Processor: Pentium 4.0 GHz or higher
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Hard Drive: 800 GB or more
- Software: JDK 1.6.0
- Data Base: SQL Server.
- Network Equipment: 8 port HUB.
- Network Cable: Unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) CAT 3/4/5.
- Topology: BUS.
- Monitor i.e. LCD or Desktop.
- 120 key’s keyboard (English only).
- Scanner, Printer, Mouse.
Hardware/Software Requirements on Client Side:
- Operating System: Windows 9x or above.
- Processor: Pentium IV or 2.0 GHz or higher.
- RAM: 1 GB or more.
- Front-End: JDK 1.6.0
- Back-End: SQL.
- 120 Key’s Keyboard (English Only).
- Monitor i.e. LCD or Desktop.
There are many rooms for improvements and enhancements in this software. Currently, it provides a concise results to users after evaluating what they know. The scope of knowledge evaluator software project can be enlarged by incorporating Web-based processing in it. Also, various other fields can be added to enrich the database of this proposed software.