• IT have no future at all ? Serious Question to the Coders

Adelaid Member

I am kind of Information technology guy, but I am very very disappointed to my field, today I want to share something clearly & needs your advice, Its truth I likes Coding/Web Designing & these kind of stuff very much, but we all live in this world, my some cousins tells me that IT have no future at all, there is no value of coders any more, so I must have to do mechanical & chemical engineering, but the truth is I have no clue what mechanic is all about??? what chemical is all about??? but when I see their success I want to force myself to those field instead of PHP or ASP.net, remember I once drop out the mechanical engineering due to out of my interest, but life gives me 1 more chance to decides my path once again??? so you think its ok to be a coder or be a ME or CE??? I heard PHP/ASP salary are around 5-10L year, Mechanical & Chemical salaries are 20L so what’s the catch guys???

what do you say??? I share a naked truth of this world…have a nice day..

• Amit Member

If you are REALLY good as a coder you can make money because you can do the jobs faster than the competition, allowing you to either promise faster results, or allowing you to lower the pay per job, to complete more jobs (because they will want someone who can do it for cheaper with good results), and make more money that way.

If you are only OK at programming, just know that there are others who are really good that may take the jobs from you. Keep in mind that they can’t do EVERY job, due to time restrictions, etc, so there will be jobs available, but just know that competition exists.

If you have no skills in programming, and are over the age of 20, I wouldn’t advise trying to start learning programming. The best programmers probably have been dealing with computers since they were 13 or 14, and have already had about 6 years of experience by the time they are 20, even if during some of those first 6 years they were self taught.

On the other hand, I don’t recommend trying to involve yourself into a career that you literally know nothing about, due to the fact that it pays well. You have to have a basic understanding of what “Engineering” is. Maybe try Wikipedia to see if it’s something that interests you before deciding that you want to get into a field because you’ve ‘heard’ it makes good money.

• Abhey Member

Well i don’t know any thing about coding but IT field is not only coding websites etc there are lot of other fields in IT. like Hardware, Networking, Virtualization etc. you can try one of these fields. if you are good in any one of these fields your salary starts from 50k to 70 k depending on where your live. in these fields you need understanding how things works you don’t need to have programming skills. people in these fields make more than 200K depends on who you works for and where did you work. but finally its upto you what you like and you want to be future.

Good luck with your future

• SapnaVishwas Member

First of all, OP, computer programming won’t be a dead job any time soon. Programmers will die out when one of two things occur:-
    1. Computers are no longer being used
    2. Computers acquire legitimate AI and have the ability to learn.

I’ve personally have been working with computers since the age of about seven, I was doing a little VB.net and PHP back then. That continued on to C# and Java, at that point, if I’m honest, I kind of ‘cheaped out’ and stopped. I really want to get back into the game and continue off with C or a C derivative (I tried once, sockets were a Female Dog and google just kept telling me I had to use ASM, so, I kind of stopped).

Currently, aged fifteen, I feel like I’m on a good track with computing. I understand intermediate cryptographic functions, I’m able to get the gist of code relatively easy without really a language barrier (Assuming it’s a structured programming language).

• Amit Member

What is your Native language? If it is English, then you need to work on that because you need to be able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients. That’s a must … none of what I just said applies if you deal with clients in another language that you have a very good command of.

That being said, computer programming is not going away any time soon. Experiment with different languages and development platforms and see what things float your boat. Once you find your niche then go after it with gusto and learn everything you can about it.

Many people are creating websites today with new tools that are available such as WordPress. There’s no shame in that. From what I can see, WordPress can create a more sophisticated site in a shorter period of time than I could coding it from scratch.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.